top of page

Lanceo's Recruiting Group

Public·30 members

Why is it helpful to set limits in advance?

How do you typically manage your spending during gaming sessions? I find setting a predetermined limit much more convenient than trying to adjust based on your mood while you're playing. But I'm curious about what that limit should be and how best to determine the appropriate amount. Should I set a separate daily limit, limit the session duration, or use both? I'd like to understand what simple rules really help me stay within predetermined limits.

4 Views
Anastasia
Anastasia
Sep 05

Predetermined limits can be a useful control tool because the decision is made before the gaming session begins, not when I'm emotionally involved. You can set a separate financial limit and a time frame for which you plan to play. For example, a person might set an amount they're willing to spend on entertainment in advance and not increase it after reaching the set limit. You can also set a session duration limit, as fatigue and prolonged gaming sessions can influence decisions. Some platforms offer their own self-limiting tools, so it's worth checking your account settings. However, it's best to think of the limit as an upper limit rather than a mandatory amount. Also, don't try to offset previous expenses by increasing your next limit. It's helpful to periodically review overall weekly or monthly statistics, as a single session doesn't always provide a true picture of your spending. If control becomes difficult, it's wise to take a break and reassess your limits. This approach helps keep your gaming experience within your predetermined budget.


Edited
bottom of page